UX work for a popular online grocer that cares about connecting communities with fresh and local food.
UX techniques: information architecture, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user testing and interpretation
People are serious about their food, and so is Relay Foods! The folks at Relay recognize that ordering groceries online can be quite an undertaking, but want to ensure that using their site and apps is as enjoyable as a home-cooked meal. Working with the ops, design, and dev teams, we took a mobile first approach to re-architecting the Relay user experience.
- The inventory is large and varied
- User onboarding is complex
- Choosing a checkout option (delivery, pick-up, etc.) requires a lot of user decisions
- Managing recurring orders can be confusing
- There are lots of opportunities for sharing and collaborating between users
- Wireframes for the full user flow on mobile (including first-time experience, browse, search, check out, and order management)
- Map of alerts, error notifications, and email triggers
- Design strategy based on behavioral observation in user testing
- Wireframes for the full user flow on web as a foundation for future redesign work